Skip to main content

Pets

 I think almost everyone has had pets in their entire life at least once.

It is 2012, I am six years old. We saw a lone parrot outside near our house, looking nervous and afraid. We were afraid a cat may attack him, since there was an abundance of them in the area we lived in. Naturally, we decided to adopt him. He was fully grown, and it was obvious that someone else had previously owned him, since he frequently said "roti de do" meaning " give me roti." We bought a cage that was big enough for him, and even let him out once in a while. We called him Mithhu Miya. He used to start squaking at around 9 am in the morning, much to our annoyance. He later passed away. 

It is 2017. An elderly lady we know just called my mother requesting us to adopt two bunnies. We did some research about them, and decided to adopt them too. She told us that they were female. Uh, well, turns out, one of them was a male. The female, named Innie, later gave birth to five bunnies. There was a point at which we had seven of them hopping around in the house. We soon realised that we would not be able to look after all of them properly, and gave them away to people who would take care of them. Presently, we have Innie, the mother, and one of her children, Isabella.

It is 23rd March, 2018. I am studying for my seventh grade finals. My parents decide to go for a walk after dinner. Much to their surprise, they find a weak, starving puppy on the road, with her mother not in sight. They come back to the house and tell me the situation and take some bread to feed her. When they take it to her, they see that she is too weak to raise her head up and chew the bread. They come back to take some milk for her in a plate. She gobbled it all up. She followed us home. Lo and behold, we had adopted another pet. More accurately, she adopted us.

So there you have it. The story of my pets. Currently we have two rabbits, and a dog. We have the same numbers of pets and humans in our house, btw.

Comments

  1. बहुत बेहतरीन! कितने सुंदर अनुभव हैं सौम्या तुम्हारे जीवन के। और तिस पर तुम्हारा ये सौम्य लेख लिखना। शुभाशीष। श्री माता जी की कृपा बनी रहे।

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo beautiful dear sister.... A pets lover is always a calm, pure and beautiful person.... N thts u r...
    Stay blessed and keep rising like this 😇💐😇

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute story penned down so well🙌

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully written. Keep writing girl.💙

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being a dog owner (now)and a parrot owner in the past I connect to this writing..
    Very well written..❤🌈🐾

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice story penned down beautifully....!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful story written so beautifully...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very well written..I never had any pet..but after reading this..I wish I had one

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that's such a beautiful art piece.. very well written❤

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing...words showcased by uh!!💜

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow saumya beta tum itani badi ho gai ki itana sunder likhne lagi may shree mataji always bless you beta 😘

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really amazing and the care for strays is commendable as the need it more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully written....����

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I look back to when I was eight

I look back and I go to when I was eight I used to look up to my seniors and think they were great They were so hard working, had it all figured out But now I'm that age and I'm just filled with doubt When I was younger everything used to be black and white But now everything is jut hues of grey Everyone seems to think that my future is bright And I don't know what to say I finally understand how quickly time flies I feel so lost, don't know what to do in life Everyone else seems to have it all figured out And I am the only one who is left out But I realized now that it is not all bad In the end, everything is gonna be all right As long as I stay happy and keep working hard What everyone else thinks will lose its might And I will only live for myself Be content with what I have After all, when everyone else has left I will be all that I have

A few fond memories with Mummy.

  I think most of us could write something on this title. However, as I have grown and seen how my peers talk about their mothers, and admire mine, I have realized she is not just my mother, but my best friend. Many a times I have heard classmates talk about how one cannot tell everything to their parents, and I have and silently disagreed. To her love not only for me but for everyone, her hardworking nature, her impeccable cooking skills, and her passion, I have learned and have yet to learn a lot from her. Her oiling and combing my hair almost everyday, and her telling me which clothes to wear as I have negative amount of fashion sense. I got awesome hand me downs from her,  I like to wear them. I find it very beautiful and quaint that I'm wearing clothes that she did when she was younger, and almost every time she says, "I can't believe that used to fit me?" I could go on and on about her cooking, I am not joking when I say that the food she cooks is better than th