Skip to main content

The Unknown Superiorities of Women

 We are all familiar with how people generally think that men are superior to women. All of us know how on average, men are much stronger and taller than women. However, the ways in which women are superior to men, for the most part, remain hidden to the common man.

It is getting more and more known that women have a longer life expectancy. The reason for that is, in general, that women are more resilient than men. Shorter people also life longer as their heart has to work less to pump blood throughout the body. Even in the COVID-19 pandemic, women showed higher immunity than men.

Women are more flexible than men and we also store our fat more efficiently. The reason for this is that our bodies are built to keep an emergency reserve of energy.

Now, one might start wondering why women have, in my opinion, all these more useful powers. And for that, my friend, we will go back to the prehistoric era.

Majority of us have had the misconception that men used to hunt because they were taller and stronger, when in fact, it was the other way around. The reason women used to stay back is because in those societies the life of a woman was much more valuable than a man, and so it happened that the "disposable" men were set out for the dangerous activity of hunting. Them becoming stronger and taller was just a side effect that happened during millions of years. Even now, there is proof that women are still more resilient even in physical activities.

Speaking of prehistoric era, the right handedness of people is also credited to women. Women used to carry children in their left arms and work with their right, and, like the aforementioned, the side effect brought over millions of years is known to us all.

I hope you learned something new today. Have a nice day!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A few fond memories with Mummy.

  I think most of us could write something on this title. However, as I have grown and seen how my peers talk about their mothers, and admire mine, I have realized she is not just my mother, but my best friend. Many a times I have heard classmates talk about how one cannot tell everything to their parents, and I have and silently disagreed. To her love not only for me but for everyone, her hardworking nature, her impeccable cooking skills, and her passion, I have learned and have yet to learn a lot from her. Her oiling and combing my hair almost everyday, and her telling me which clothes to wear as I have negative amount of fashion sense. I got awesome hand me downs from her,  I like to wear them. I find it very beautiful and quaint that I'm wearing clothes that she did when she was younger, and almost every time she says, "I can't believe that used to fit me?" I could go on and on about her cooking, I am not joking when I say that the food she cooks is better than th

I look back to when I was eight

I look back and I go to when I was eight I used to look up to my seniors and think they were great They were so hard working, had it all figured out But now I'm that age and I'm just filled with doubt When I was younger everything used to be black and white But now everything is jut hues of grey Everyone seems to think that my future is bright And I don't know what to say I finally understand how quickly time flies I feel so lost, don't know what to do in life Everyone else seems to have it all figured out And I am the only one who is left out But I realized now that it is not all bad In the end, everything is gonna be all right As long as I stay happy and keep working hard What everyone else thinks will lose its might And I will only live for myself Be content with what I have After all, when everyone else has left I will be all that I have

The Undeserved Poverty Of Indian Artisans

 During my board exams, there was a gap of three days after one exam. There happened to be a fair in my city. My parents decided to take me to it. Over there I saw some of the most beautiful and intricate metal work, glass work, waxwork, handicrafts, sarees, and artworks I had ever seen. While it is good that the government is organising such fairs to empower artists, I couldn't help but wonder why these artists had to lead a lifestyle the way they did. I think it is general knowledge that usually even the richer artisans are lower middle class at best.                                             The 'starving artist' stereotype is widespread. However the Indian artisans are different from the lone, starving western artist. The artisan's work is very often being done for generations, as is the tradition of India.It carries folk and mythological stories within its spirit, and it carries great cultural significance. One might think that they are just clothes and showpiece